About

Flowers-McDowell Abstract Co. is the oldest title company in Caldwell County, Texas and is located in historic Lockhart. It was founded in 1894 by county clerk W. E. McDowell and was known until 1908 as W. E. McDowell, Abstractor when it was purchased by M. C. Jeffrey, Paul Jeffrey, and Henry Fielder and was then known as Jeffrey, Jeffrey, and Fielder. In 1910, longtime county judge and former Secretary of State for the State of Texas, M. O. Flowers, purchased the firm and gave it its current name, Flowers-McDowell Abstract Co. Aubrey Fielder, a son of Henry Fielder, bought the company in 1946, when he signed a contract with Stewart Title Guaranty Co. Alan Fielder, son of Aubrey and a grandson of Henry, purchased the company in 1978. Flowers-McDowell has been located at 119 S. Main St., Lockhart, Texas since 1971. It issues title insurance policies and closes all types of real estate transactions for Caldwell County and all Austin area counties. Flowers-McDowell Abstract Co. is known for its outstanding, fast, and friendly service.